Embedded System Design - II
Embedded Systems Design - II
* Credits → 2:1 * Instructor → Haresh Dagale, Principal Scientific Officer haresh[AT]iisc[DOT]ac[DOT]in
Software components: startup code, boot loader, kernel, applications. Embedded system without and OS. Realtime kernel: Introduction to a real-time kernel, comparison and contrast with the general purpose as mult-tasking, scheduling policies, mutual exclusion and synchronisation, inter-task control flow, inter-task data flow, memory management, interrup processing. Linux for embededded applications:overview of Linux kernel architecture; system call interface. Process management; memory management; file system architecture. Linux for micro-controllers and real-time applications. Device driver: character, block and network drivers. Designingg a real-time system: development life cycle, modeling a real-time system, Case studies.
- Bryant, R.E., and O`Hallaron, D.R., Computer systems: A Programmer's Perspective.
- Ripps, D.L., An Implementation guide to Real Time Programming, Yourdon Press.
- Rubini, A., and Corbet, J., Linux Device Drivers, Third Edition
- Bovet, D., and Cesati, M., Understanding Linux Kernel.